Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Have NOT Packed a Thing!

Well, on suggestion from my college friends last night, I decided to start a blog for our trip to Spain this summer. Hopefully I will have access to the Internet so that I can post often. I will also try to add pics.
(Amy, you promised to read, so I'll have a quiz ready when I get back.)

So, we leave on Monday, June 21st. Have not started to pack a thing! I have been collecting presents and other assorted things requested by family there and throwing everything in bags in the spare (junk collecting) bedroom. I can barely open the door, let alone fathom how I am going to go through everything and PACK! (Are you getting the sense that I am frustrated and procrastinating on the packing here????)

We have my sister-in-law's wedding on July 17th, and her daughter's baptism the following weekend. Does that mean I have to pack TWO different outfits for each one of us??? I suppose it does. Although, I don't know about Guillermo and Carlos, they can probably get away with the same stuff. But Maria and I HAVE to be fashionable Americans, right?? Yeah, anyone who has met Maria knows that getting her to wear a dress is about as easy as getting me to stop eating chocolate. HA, fat chance.

Speaking of fat, I have gained some weight this year. Not looking forward to those comments. Oh well, I will just have to deal with it. At least I am free from cooking, cleaning, laundry, and all that this summer.

OH YEAH, I don't really do much of that here, Guillermo does all that. So, what do I do? School, school, and more school. I am looking forward to not working for seven weeks. Except for the two online sessions I have scheduled for professional development, I should be able to disconnect. That will be nice.

So, keep checking in. I will try to write at least once a week, probably more, and post lots of photos.

Adios!
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment