Monday, July 12, 2010

Parade


I'll let the video speak for itself. (Note: Paul the Octopus at the front of the bus- he is just as much a celebrated hero as the team is!) Just a little background, Guillermo went to watch the bus with the team pass by at 7:30 and they didn't pass until 9:30pm. There were so many people in the streets that the bus couldn't move. And this was only en route to the huge stage they built down by the river. We just watched that celebration on tv. There were so many people there- they were interviewing people that had been there since 9 am- they hadn't eaten all day. But, they were still going strong! This is absolutely amazing. I always said that Spaniards have a gene that allows them to function on much less sleep. If the past two days doesn't prove it, I don't know what will.
The adorable little princesses, Leonor and Sofía get to hold the Cup and Leonor gives Iker Casillas a kiss.

 
David Villa holding the Cup

I hope anyone who is reading my blog is enjoying all this. I cannot give the experience justice!

Stay tuned... Wedding this weekend up north.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment